Sunday, October 24, 2004

welcome here!

for those who are a not quite computer literate, "blog" is a shortened form of "web log". i just learned this myself the other day. i had another website going, but it's not longer accessible, so i started this one as an attempt to share more w/friends & family across the country.

motivation has not been my strength lately. i'm still working on a paper today that was due in school last thursday. i had an incredible & edifying time at Bethel Free Lutheran Church this morning though, so the day has been more than full!

when i first started attending this church, i didn't think i'd last very long. i was turned off by the traditional form (get dressed up, memorize a creed and certain patterned songs, stand up, sit down, etcetera). but every time this preacher speaks - wow! i've really felt a strong leading to continue with this fellowship. i really appreciate some of the friendships i've made so far and i think God has plans to bless my time here even more in the future.

just for kicks recently, i filled out a couple of online profiles. using these forms was a fun and educational way to explore the views i hold of myself, the world, and others. :) for one of them i was supposed to come up with clear ideas on what i'd look for in a spouse and what i could have to offer that person. it was a challenge! i don't think i'll get a lot of responses from interested people. my statements mostly showed that i don't care for dating and flirting. :) that's ok by me - i'm trusting God to guide my life (not a web-site).

welp, i suppose that should be it for now! i've gotta keep working on my paper. it's back to studying the devastating consequences of US foreign policy for me.

laila tov!

No comments: