Sunday, November 07, 2004

"i'm a big kid now"

ok, ok... so i'm singing the song for a diaper ad. it's a catchy little tune and it gets in my head every once in a while. i kind of appreciate the meaning it holds for me tonight though.

instead of feeling that i need everything in my life figured out... instead of fearing what the future might hold for me... instead of worrying too much about my past and my weaknesses... i am learning to trust God like a child. i'm learning to enjoy life one day at a time. i feel more peace and fulfillment. of course, this doesn't mean my struggles are over - no way! but lately i've been trying to remember how to rest as a child of God, and i feel that i'm catching on - again. hopefully, i've gained more maturity about my simplistic, trusting views this time around. "i'm a big kid now!" :)

i just came from a wonderful conference at the lutheran church i've been going to. i spent a couple of days chatting with some really zealous people and i am so inspired! i've also been reading a book called "the heavenly man" about a man who suffered greatly for the Word of God in china. of course, i have no idea what is in store for my future, but i do know that i want to be willing to go anywhere and do anything if it will make a difference for the hearts and souls of others. i want to be open to whatever i feel God puts in my head and heart to do. i've had fears and reservations in the past, but i am feeling strengthened! i may end up living a peaceful life in the cities of north america, or i may go on a medical mission to africa and catch malaria, or... God only knows. the possibilities are endless and exciting.

so, if prayer is your thing and God puts it on your heart, i'd love a little extra support in this. my main focus is to continue seeking confidence, motivation, and great love in my life! i can see these things growing even now. :)

1 comment:

Edward said...

This post reminds me of a lyric in a song by Watermark, I believe it is the track "Noah's Song" on their CD "constant."